Book Review on "Life Is What You Make It" by Preeti Shenoy

If destiny throws you from your gleaming world into an ominous, drabby one, what would you do? How would you react? This novel by Preeti Shenoy published on Jan 1, 2011, is all about this. Ankita Sharma, a smart, good-looking girl who was excelling in every phase of her life, six months later ended up being in a mental hospital as life took away all that which meant the most to her.

According to my perusal, the novel impels you to finish it in one sitting, the descriptions of plots, scenarios, character sketches are highly outstanding and an excellent use of vocabulary can be seen. 
It will always keep your interest piqued and you will be obliged to continue reading it. The book is not just about love, it's about friendship, determination, hope, and faith. 
The part when she and her family shifted to Bombay seemed a bit plodding and the ending was quicker than I hoped. I wasn't aware about the Bipolor Disorder mentioned in the book, but as I hovered through it, the pieces started to come to place, the Author has done a great job to jettison the myths that I possessed about Mental Illness which is considered a taboo in our society. Overall it was one of the best Indian books that I have ever read. And I would give it a rating of 4.8/5.0.

Comments

Popular Posts