Competitive Programming...

 So, it's 12 minutes past midnight, and I just got this thought about competitive coding while solving some below 1000 difficulty problems. I have realised that there are 3 levels while doing CP, the first one is... I remember when I didn't have any idea about even the syntax of the language, from the position of the spooky semicolons to the usage of the ' using namespace std; ' keyword, then we move on to the phase where we are little bit familiar with the syntax but while struggling with it, we find it difficult to even take input in various ways and to even perform simple algos or performing mathematical calculations, which are quite easy but at this phase seems bit tormenting. Now we even cope with this problem but as time as passed so is the level of questions... yes, it has increased, and now the problems don't just test your syntactical or simple algo knowledge but also require to deep dive into the problem and come up with an efficient idea, and we can't stop here but also we need to implement that, but at this point mainly the idea matters because most probably you will be able to implement anything, provided you have the correct idea. This phase makes you sit for hours and scratch your head to think about that million dollar idea which would suddenly pop in your head, maybe when you are sleeping, or when you are at your DBMS lecture. With this, I think I will call it a day and hit the hay, and maybe I'll get that golden idea for my today's problem. 

Peace. 

Comments

Popular Posts